Thursday, July 14, 2016

Autumn


Autumn is such a special season to me. Although the excitement of summer is gone by autumn there is a certain light that appears in fall. It's almost as if the sun is shinning orange and yellow like the leaves. If you're like me and live in a place that is scorching hot in summer, than you may know the feeling of relief when the fall weather seems to set in. Kids have just begun going back to school and the new year is in only a few months. Autumn seems to bring the holiday cheer with it, along with my favorite holiday, Halloween. By Halloween it's fall time, another favorite season of mine. The best thing about fall is when it begins to get just chilly enough to wear sweaters or snuggle up under a blanket with a warm cup of tea and a book. There are so many wonders about Autumn and Fall and I could sit here and name them all, but one thing seems to stick out the most. The reason why Autumn is my favorite season, is because of the joy it brings. With the come of Autumn families and friends seem to come closer together in preparation for the holidays. Crazy families and close friends seem to all become happier around Autumn. I have this giant family, on both sides, that, although tries hard not to, seems to always make drama. But around November (which is still Autumn weather here) my family all gets together at my great aunts house for Thanksgiving dinner. It doesn't matter who dislikes who or what drama has happened in the past, we all sit down at the long wooden table, set just for the that night, and say thanks, say gobbles, and eat amazing food. I find it fascinating that one season can bring the excitement of Halloween and the Joy of Thanksgiving all wrapped up in a nice present. 

No comments:

Post a Comment